Thursday, March 17, 2005

Fourth time's a charm

Yesterday, I watched a how to video on the Transworld Skateboarding site. http://www.skateboarding.com/skate/tricktips/0,12616,,00.html
I kept visualizing myself kicking the tail down and landing perfectly back on the board. So this morning I couldn't wait to ride around to find a place where I could practice. While riding to work, I stopped off at Zhong Cheng Park to practice a little. After a few attempts, ended up landing on the side of the board sending me backwards and the board flipping towards me. The edge hit me in the shin, the same place it hit the night before. Went out to practice again tonight at the park across the street from me. I hit it again and crumbled to the ground in pain. Out for a good 15 minutes. I could see this purple plum growing near my ankle. I attempted the formidable ollie again and... I did it! I landed with two feet on the board then and jumped off. It was a tiny one but an ollie nonetheless. Tried it again and I stayed on. Amazing. Tried it again and hit that same damn spot on my shin, fell to the floor, shrieking in pain. That was it for the night. I think I'm going to look for a place I can buy soccer shin guards.

No comments: